Translate

Monday, September 26, 2011

WHAT TO TAKE AWAY FROM JOB

WHAT TO TAKE AWAY FROM JOB
    Looking at Job's life, studying his life, there is so much to talk about and contemplate.  How do we conduct our daily lives?  Job began every morning with sacrifices for his children in case they might have cursed God in their hearts.  I have been raising kids for years.  I have to say that I don't normally start my day with prayers for the kids, but at least by the time I lay down at night they have been prayed for.  This latest look at the Book of Job has prompted me to pray for my children in the morning.  When I get out of bed, I realize God has given me another day.  I don't want to waste it and I don't want to take it for granted.  My 82 year old Dad also has this outlook on life.  God love him.  We have had a couple of years of health struggles now.  Still, he goes to work every weekday.
   Then, there is Job's response to all of the tragedy that fell on him.  We have all been affected financially with this latest recession.  Whether we have lost money in our 401K's or found ourselves without a job, we have  all suffered in one degree or another.  Seeing that God is in control of what happens to us gives me hope for the future.  Knowing that ours is the generation that will see the return of The Lord, we pray for guidance that we may fulfill His will in our lives.  We need to take our eyes off of our own suffering, and focus on what God's purpose is in each of our situations.  Also, knowing that Jesus Himself is at God's right hand interceeding on our behalf, gives us peace.  We continue to help one another and praise God for who He is.
   Especially, the Book of Job gives us an insight of what is really happening as we go through every day.  We see that angels present themselves to God, and probably report all that is going on with His people.  We also see that Satan prowls the earth looking to create mayhem for all the saints.  I was not with God when He created the earth (this will be seen later in Job), so He doesn't need me as His adviser now.  I make my requests, but mostly, I give thanks in all things.
   What about you?  Today is the first day in the rest of your life.  What can you do today?  What do you want to change?  While there is still time,.......

No comments:

Post a Comment