Translate

Saturday, September 10, 2011

JOB 1: 8 - 12

JOB 1: 8 - 12

A MODEL OF TRUST AND OBEDIENCE

The study notes in the Life Application Study Bible--New international Version states:  "Job was a model of trust and obedience to God, yet God PERMITTED SATAN to attack him in an especially harsh manner.  Although God loves us, believing and obeying him do not shelter us from life's calamities.  Setbacks, tragedies, and sorrows strike Christians and non-Christians alike.  But in our tests and trials, God expects us to express our faith to the world.  How do you respond to your troubles?  Do you ask God, "why me?" or do you say, 'Use me.' "


JOB 1: 8 - 12

   :8)  Then the Lord said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job?  There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

   9) "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied.

   10)"Have You not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has?  You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.

   11) But stretch out Your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face."

   12) The Lord said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger."

   Then Satan went out from the presence of The Lord.

COMMENTARY

The Life Application Study Bible states, "Satan attacked Job's motives, saying that Job was blameless and upright only because he had no reason to turn against God.  Ever since he started following God, everything had gone well for Job.  Satan wanted to prove that Job worshiped God, not out of love, but because God had given him so much....

Adversity strengthens real faith by causing believers to dig their roots deeper into God in order to withstand the storms."



 PERSONAL TESTIMONY

There was a time when I, too, was caught up in the storm of adversity.  I could not see God's face.  I cried day and night for Him to show His face to me, not to leave me alone.  He saw me, but through the storm, I could not see Him.  On the other side of the storm, I saw Him and praised Him for carrying me through.  I reasoned, even at my lowest point, that if I did not have God, what else was there?  There IS ONLY God, creator of all.  Everything else is a lie.  Amen.

It is my prayer, that all who read this post will accept the gift of salvation and have his name written in The Lamb's Book of Life.

   You are encouraged to visit our "Pathway to Salvation" page on this blog  (click here:  https://omaswisdom.blogspot.com/p/path-to-salvation.html).

  You are invited to share this post on your favorite social media.  We also encourage you to leave a comment with your thoughts.  We would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment