Translate

Friday, September 23, 2011

JOB 2: 1-3

HE IS BLAMELESS AND UPRIGHT

   On another day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them to present himself before Him.  And the Lord said to Satan, "Where have you come from?"

   Satan answered the Lord, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

   Then the Lord said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job?  There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.  And still he maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason."  Job 2:1-3  (NIV)

   To fear God and shun evil means "loving God for all that He is and all that He has done by joyfully giving Him our total allegiance, submission, and obedience."  Crosswalk.com  Sept. 28, 2007

MEDITATE ON THIS

   Just meditate on this for a minute.  At every stage of my children's lives, I would look at them and smile.  They would do something ordinary and I would see it as something phenomenal.  I love my sons so much.  I can imagine God like that in regards to Job.

   At this point, Job has lost all of his wealth and all of his children had been killed at the same time.

    I can see God on His throne discussing Job with Satan.  God with so much love for Job that no matter what, Job responded to all the tragedy as God had already seen he would.  Satan didn't know it, because Satan cannot see into the future.  God can. Satan cannot read our minds.  God can.

   Job's response underscored that people can love God for who He is, not for what He gives.  If we were rewarded for loving God by never having anything bad happen to us, if we all received riches for loving God, everyone would say they loved God for what ever rewards He might decide to pass out.  As for me, He has written my name in The Lamb's Book of Life.  If He takes my breath from me right now, knowing I will spend eternity with Him is more than enough.  Amen.

   Now look at this: It has been around 4000 years since Job was tested and still we continue to "consider Job" and try to emulate him.  He is definitely in God's Hall of Fame.

   We all want God to look at us and say, "well done My good and faithful servant".  How have we responded to difficult events in our lives?   What have we done for Him today?

   If you don't know my God, you are encouraged to click the "Pathway to Salvation" page and learn more:   http://omaswisdom.blogspot.com/p/path-to-salvation.html.  


   If this post has been a blessing to you, we encourage you to "like and share" on your favorite social media.  We would also love to hear from you in a comment on this site.  Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment