Translate

Friday, December 13, 2013

MY HEART IS CRYING

MY HEART IS CRYING

   There must be a pop-off valve between my heart and my eyes.  Today my heart is crying and my eyes keep filling with tears.  I can't find my motivation.  The minutes and hours and days are passing without my participation.  I really need to focus, but how?  It is like running a marathon in zero gravity.  My Dad has died.


   Memories come to mind, still shots and videos filed away in my mind of times we shared.  Most of them are relatively recent memories of times I gave him something, or he gave me something. 

   I zero in on the Ten Commandments.  The first of the Commandments that show us how we are to treat mankind is the one which tells us to "honor our father and mother...." 

   Let me get back to the recent memories I have of my Dad:  He installed a storm door for me.  I helped him get a roof on his storage building when the hurricane destroyed it.  He was always coming to my house to help me with one thing or another that would break down.  I made cookies and took them to him and shared a cup of coffee with him.  It was a love affair.  I encouraged him when he was down and celebrated victories with him.  We plotted and planned and stood together against all kind of foes.  I loved him and spent time with him. 

   Every Sunday was our day.  We had a time set aside that I would call him at least on Sunday.  Sometimes we talked throughout the week but I still kept the date on Sunday.  Keep in mind that I am female and was not ALWAYS right on time.

   I share these memories with you to give you an insight into the beautiful relationship we can also have with our Heavenly Father.  The give and take is real.  The more you give, the more He gives.  He gives those things which are priceless.  You cannot out give my Father.

   Also, you don't have to be a "victim".  If you don't have an earthly Dad, you can certainly adopt one, regardless of your age.  There is someone looking for you, even if they don't realize they are.  You can honor God by honoring someone who has no child in this world.  If you have an ornery Dad, stop trying to make him into what you want him to be and accept him for who he is.  The relationship may be one-sided, but it will be worth it in the long run.  Relationships are of God, and the MOST precious relationship of all is the one you cultivate with your Heavenly Father.

You are welcome to leave a comment with your thoughts.

You are also invited to visit Oma at http://omaspolitics.com and http://omaslife.blogspot.com.
  

1 comment:

  1. it has been four years. while i was at walmart today, i saw a lady in the cereal aisle inspecting the malt-o-meal. this is one of the items in the "care package" Daddy sent me when i moved away. four years. today, it seemed like yesterday. i miss you, Daddy.-------#3

    ReplyDelete