Translate

Friday, January 4, 2013

DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE SON OF MAN?

DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE SON OF MAN?

   Jesus had healed a man who had been blind from birth.  He had been taken to the Pharisees where he re-counted how Jesus had healed him.  The Pharisees were furious and kicked him out of the synagogue.
   Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, "DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE SON OF MAN?"
   "Who is he, sir?" the man asked.  "Tell me so that I may believe in him."
   Jesus said, "You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you."
   Then the man said, "LORD, I BELIEVE," and he worshiped Him.  John 9:35 - 38  (NIV)

LIFE APPLICATION STUDY BIBLE COMMENTARY

   The man's new faith was severely tested by some of the authorities.  He was cursed and evicted from the synagogue.  Persecution may come when you follow Jesus.  You may lose friends; you may even lose your life.  But no one can ever take away the eternal life that Jesus gives you.
   The longer this man experienced his new life through Christ, the more confident he became in the One who had healed him.  He gained not only physical sight but also spiritual sight as he recognized Jesus first as a prophet, then as his Lord.  When you turn to Christ, you begin to see Him differently.  The longer you walk with Him, the better you will understand who He is.

MY THOUGHTS

   DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE SON OF MAN?  My personal experiences in life keeps me at His side.  In the 70's, there was a movie that had just come out, "The Exorcist".  At some point, I played around with a ouija board.  My left arm went numb from the elbow down to my fingertips.  It scared the @*? out of me.  That was not my first experience with spirits, but my first with evil spirits.
   I have been saved from serious vehicle accidents.  One, was where I was going through an intersection and a vehicle, coming through the intersection  from my right side,  went through the front of my car.  I had my children in the car with me.  We were untouched.  Another was where I ended up in a ditch trying to avoid an oncoming vehicle.  That should have been a head-on wreck.  Both of these incidents were credited to my Lord for saving me and my family.
   One time when I only had one child, I had placed him in his walker on the other side of my door as I took a bath.  He could not walk on his own, and he surely could not talk.  I was talking with him to assure myself he was right there when I asked him if he was alright.  He said, "I'll be o.k., Mommy."  Needless to say, that was more than thirty years ago and I still claim that promise from God.

   The world was purported to end last month.  If it HAD ended, what would my Lord found you doing?  It is not too late.  The end is coming.  "As long as it is day, we must do the work of Him who sent me.  Night is coming when no one can work."  John 9: 3b-4.  (NIV) 
   If you do not know my Jesus, please visit our "path to salvation" page.

What are your thoughts?

You are also invited to visit with Oma at http://omaslife.blogspot.com and http://omaspolitics.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment