Translate

Thursday, July 9, 2020

WHEN I DIE

WHEN I DIE



   As we go from the funeral, what are we to think?   I have been asked by family and friends this one question, "Was he saved?", "Was she saved?"  After life, there is only one comfort for those who are left behind:  the hope that we will see them again. 

   We teach our children their bedtime prayer: 

"Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray Thee, Lord, my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake
I pray Thee, Lord, my soul to take.
If I should live for other days,
I pray Thee, Lord, to guide my ways."

When my Grandson started asking questions about this "dying business", I decided it was time to post answers, since others may also have questions about dying, souls, spirits, etc.

   As a Christian, my hope is in The Lord.  Mine is a Living God with Whom I have a relationship.  He is my Heavenly Father per Jesus Christ, and I am a child of God.  When Jesus taught us to pray, He said to pray this way:  "Our Father, Which art in Heaven......."  So, in my heart, I can climb upon His lap, He can put His arms around me, and I can talk with Him about anything.  He is powerful enough to take care of all my concerns.  And He smiles when I just climb up on His lap and tell Him how happy I am that He is mine and when I thank Him for taking care of me.

   Let's get to a few Holy Bible verses which support my beliefs:

1) People are made in the "likeness" of God and have a soul:  And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.  Genesis 2:7.

2) Death in the Holy Bible does not mean complete annihilation of a person's being.  It is simply a change of address to the spiritual realm.  As Jesus was dying on the cross, He told a thief on another cross that he would be with Him in Paradise that same day!  So, when New Testament Believers die, they are transported straight to Heaven.  Luke 23: 39 - 43

   In the Old Testament (before Christ), they went to a holding place called Paradise, Hades, or Sheol.  Different names for the same place.  We see it in Luke 16 as Jesus was speaking:


And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

   So, we see that even though this earthly body dies, our "being" does not.  We will live forever.  The question posed to you today is this:  where will you be for eternity:  heaven or hell?  Without a personal relationship with God, you will spend eternity in hell, tormented, separated from the One Who created you.  You were made for His good pleasure.  




   It is my goal to introduce you to my Heavenly Father that you may live forever in Paradise!  He has prepared a place for you.  All you have to do is accept it.  To learn more, please click here:   https://omaswisdom.blogspot.com/p/path-to-salvation.html.


If this ministry is a blessing to you, please pray for us that God will use our efforts for His good pleasure.  

You are also encouraged to leave us a comment to let us know how we are doing.  As always, we encourage you to share this post on your favorite social media.  Thank you and God bless you.








2 comments:

  1. you do such good things for so many . . .you make my heart sing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. i assume you saw the video?

      Delete