Translate

Monday, November 9, 2020

a sermon from Pastor Chris Hodges entitled Dream.

 DREAM--A SERMON FROM PASTOR CHRIS HODGES

image courtesy of  Nikola Johnny Mirkovic on Unsplash.com


Posted by Angie Senchal, a bondswoman of Jesus Christ, on July 30, 2018,  on social media while she had been focused on battling breast cancer.  I find this post may be helpful in this season of Corona Virus and our election upheaval.  Leave us a comment if this post is a blessing to you.


"I realized that I had stopped dreaming. We had been so busy this last year just trying to survive, that our dreams were on pause. His message encouraged me to dream again. I would like to share some of his points with you in case you find yourself needing to dream again.
Sometimes all we can do in life is just hang-on during the survival mode but you need to realize, there will come a time where you need to dream again. Don’t dream small but DREAM BIG.
He talked about five different people and their dreams.

1. People with No dream –In Jeremiah 33:3 it says, “call to me and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things which you do not know.” If this is you, draw close to God and let him give you a dream.
2. People with a wrong dream – It may be a good dream but one that doesn’t matter eternally. A career is great but you need a calling to live for. If you are pursuing a career, money, and family . . .these are all wonderful, but be sure you have something that is driving you to make an eternal difference.
3. People with a stale dream – They have the right dream it’s just grown cold. It may have gotten delayed and now it’s stale. We will go through seasons of being stale. Find your dream again and breathe life back into it`
4. People with a vague dream – Their dream is not specific enough. Habakkuk 2:2 “Write down what I reveal to you so that he may run who reads it.” Dream big and write it down.
5. People with a God honoring dream – A dream that is a culture defying dream, a Heaven impacting dream, and a seemingly impossible dream.
I feel like God has clearly given me a new perspective on life and now it’s time I dream big! I want to make sure people know that God will carry you through every storm of life!

Sometimes life is NOT fair, but we get to choose our responses! If you will turn to the Lord in every situation, you will be blessed and encouraged by His Spirit.
I don’t know how people survive without knowing who Jesus is and what He can do in your life. You can’t just know about him, you must have a relationship with Him for it to be meaningful! You have to fall in love with Jesus."  https://omaswisdom.blogspot.com/p/path-to-salvation.html.

 "I leave you with these song lyrics by Jonathan Butler.
Falling in love with Jesus
Falling in love with Jesus
Falling in love with Jesus
Was the best thing I've ever
Ever done, oh, yes, oh, yes, oh, yes
Falling in love with Jesus
Falling in love with Jesus
Falling in love with Jesus
Was the best thing I've ever, ever done
In His arms, I feel protected
In His arms, never disconnected, no, no
In His arms, I feel protected
There's no place I'd rather, rather be"


You are encouraged to share this post on your favorite social media if this has blessed you and please pray for us as we share The Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment