Translate

Saturday, December 3, 2016

FUND RAISER FOR BROTHER BRUCE TRAVIS

FUND RAISER FOR BRUCE TRAVIS



   As some of you know, many churches have a benevolence fund that they use for their members who find themselves in temporary situations that require a little help.  If you go to http://omaswisdom.blogspot.com/p/one-year-anniversary.html, you will discover how we have helped some of our Brothers and Sisters in Christ in the beginning of this ministry.  We don't publicly post our deeds every year (and neither does the church).  Most of the funding comes from me and my kid sister.  She has stood by me and supported my efforts for years, personally, and with this ministry.

   If you are not tithing, this is the perfect month to get into the habit.  It is common to hear people say they are "giving back" when they give to a commercially run charity; but I say to you, tithing is "giving back" to the One Who has given you everything!  So, I ask that you pray about it.  Whatever you give, ask God to bless your gift and your effort, and ask Him to show you how you can get on the right track (of giving your tithe) regularly.  Statistically, only 3 - 7% of church members tithe.  Go to  http://omaswisdom.blogspot.com/p/tithes-and-offerings.html to see what is in store for you when you are obedient and how God views it when you don't tithe.

   For the month of December this year, we have decided that your gifts to this ministry up to $3,000.00, will be used to pay for medical expenses for our Brother in Christ, Bruce Travis, who was injured in an auto accident and had to have a life-saving operation.  He owes that much on the operation he just had, needs a "bone growth stimulator", and will require more surgery.  Please pray for his complete recovery.  Below is how he described this surgery:

 "The dr preformed really two procedures at once, he had to put a metal spacer around the cervical spine at level c3-4 bc the disc fell apart in his hands when he tried to fix it bc it was herniated so bad after the semi hit me. It was actually busted and all my cervical nerves were too compressed bc of the damage. Then he fused the two vertebrae together with titanium plates and screws. After I recover from this one I have to have c4-c5 repaired but it is not as bad as this one was. He said I have to wait to have it repaired after I recover from this one first or it probably wouldn't heal. He prescribed a bone growth stimulator for me but insurance won't pay for it,so I have to hope and pray it all works together and the bones start to grow back without it. I'm paying them $100 a month for 30 months to cover my part of the co-pay."

   I will be posting your gift on this site daily.  If you don't want your name and amount of your gift posted, we respect your privacy; just leave a comment on this post and we will not publish it.  So, share this post frequently and check back to see the outpouring of love for my God and yours.  Thank you so much!  Bruce is important to us and so are you. 

December 3:  $100.00 from Susan D. and Kit A. 
December 23:  $50.00 from Susan D. 

$148.25 sent to Bruce on January 9, 2017 (after paypal's fees were taken)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment