Translate

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

DANIEL AND THE ANGELS DANIEL 10: 10 - 11: 1

DANIEL AND THE ANGELS   DANIEL 10: 10 - 11: 1


   When we left Daniel, he had fallen into a deep sleep after seeing the angel:

   10) A hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees.  (11) He said, "Daniel, you who are highly esteemed, consider carefully the words I am about to speak to you, and stand up, for I have now been sent to you."  And when he said this to me, I stood up trembling.

   12)  Then he continued, "Do not be afraid, Daniel.  Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them.  13)  But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days.  Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.  14)  Now I have come to explain to you what will happen to your people in the future, for the vision concerns a time yet to come."

   15) While he was saying this to me, I bowed with my face toward the ground and was speechless.

   16) Then one who looked like a man touched my lips, and I opened my mouth and began to speak.  I said to the one standing before me, "I am overcome with anguish because of the vision, my  lord, and I feel very weak.  17) How can I, your servant, talk with you, my lord?  My strength is gone and I can hardly breathe."

   18) Again the one who looked like a man touched me and gave me strength.  19) "Do not be afraid, you who are highly esteemed," he said.  "Peace!  Be strong now; be strong."
   When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, "Speak, my lord, since you have given me strength."

   20) So he said, "Do you know why I have come to you?  Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come; 21) but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one supports me against them except Michael, your prince.

   Daniel 11: 1) And in the first year of Darius the Mede, I took my stand to support and protect him.  New International Version (NIV)

H.A. IRONSIDE COMMENTARY

   We have been introduced to a messenger angel, a ministering angel, and Michael the Archangel. We have seen angels before, who protected children of God during the siege of Dothan.  When Elisha prayed for God to open the eyes of the prophet's servant, he saw the mountains full of fiery chariots with the angelic host camping around Elisha.

   The timeline when this conversation takes place is when the Medes were still in power.  After the Medes, Greece ruled, so we have been given a glimpse into the spiritual world that corresponds with events taking place in the physical realm.  Understand that the battles are real!
   
   Here is our take away from this:  We, too, need our eyes opened.  Then we would see the angelic host camping around us for our protection and watching over us for good.  Then, maybe, we would fight on with new courage, clad in the whole armour of God, knowing that against Christ's Church, founded upon Himself, the gates of hell shall not prevail!

MY THOUGHTS

   When we walk by faith, we trust in The Lord.  We see, in this chapter, how God is with us.  He was with the prophets even before Jesus.  How much more is He with us now, since we have The Holy Spirit!  So, "peace!  Be strong!"

   Dear friend, we see the effects of evil daily.  Wicked spirits are determined that your soul will be damned.  They will use every effort known to fiends to hinder your salvation and seal your doom.  Today, we need to learn the lesson that in ourselves, we have no strength or power; we are poor, weak, easily-deceived souls led by Satan and imposed upon by his wicked hosts.

   Only One can deliver us; One can strengthen us.  He died upon the cross to set us free.  Death has no hold on us.  Please click here http://omaswisdom.blogspot.com/p/path-to-salvation.html. for more information on taking the first step to obtain your freedom.

You are encouraged to leave a comment with your thoughts and "share" this on your favorite social media.

You are also invited to visit Oma at http://omaslife.blogspot.com and http://omaspolitics.blospot.com.






No comments:

Post a Comment