Translate

Sunday, February 3, 2013

FORGIVE ONE ANOTHER

FORGIVE ONE ANOTHER


   It was just another day.  I texted several people to inform them of a birthday and left the phone number in case they did not have the updated number.  Then, my phone went crazy with replies that no one cared about the person who was having the birthday due to some offense committed forty years ago.  Forty years, one hundred years, last year, 1994.  Let the past stay in the past, right?  Well, sometimes it is not so easy.
   In my life, I have lied.  I have stolen.  I have hurt people who were close to me and some who wanted to be.  Some of my offenses I remember, but frankly, at my age, I don't remember them all.  I cannot change THE PAST, but if you tell me that I have hurt you, I will apologize and try to do better.  If you don't forgive me, you are hurting yourself and my God.
   My God forgave me of my sins a long time ago.  I am not perfect, but I am forgiven.  If Moses can commit murder; if King David can commit adultery, lie, commit murder, steal, etc., and be forgiven, do you think my God cannot forgive ALL those who offend Him and us?  Who are we to hang on to it as if we are perfect?  We want justice!  I don't.  God gives me mercy and grace, which is forgiveness of my sins and blessings.  Justice is what I deserve, and we all know what that is.....death.  The wages of sin is death.
   One thing I know, I am not perfect and neither are you.  If you are perfect, please feel free to keep my sins forever in front of me.  If you are a forgiven sinner, such as I, then you have a RESPONSIBILITY from God to forgive "as He has forgiven you".
   A topic for another time, though, is bitterness.  I thought I had dealt with bitterness until I received a message today from the grave.  Adrian Rogers told me that I am harboring bitterness.  If this is why you can't forgive the sins of others, please ask God to show you what the root of your bitterness is so you can deal with the pain and rejection that led to it.  I love you and so does my Jesus.
   John 13: 34-35 states:  "A new command I give you:  Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you MUST love one another.  By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."  (NIV)  Forgiveness goes hand in hand with love.  Just as you forgive your child who offends you and you pour out your love for them, so we must forgive others and pray for them.   Forgiveness is a gift from God.  People are creations of God.
   If you have not been forgiven of your sins, please visit our "path to salvation" page (click here:  https://omaswisdom.blogspot.com/p/path-to-salvation.html).  God loves you and wants to have a wonderful relationship with you.  He is the best friend you can imagine, one who sticks closer than a brother.

You are welcomed to leave your comments.

You are also invited to visit Oma at http://omaspolitics.blogspot.com, http://omaslife.blogspot.com, and @kit_allen007 on Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment