Translate

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

COMMANDMENT # 8 EXODUS 20: 14

COMMANDMENT # 8



   You shall not steal.    Exodus 20: 14   (NIV)


   Really, that says it all.  Do not take from anyone what is not yours.  If you want something, work for it.  At the very least, ask for it.  Personally, if you ask me for what you need, it will be given to you if I have it.  If I don't have it and you really need it, I will do everything in my power to help you get it.  Why would you steal?
 
Then there is that famous passage in Malachi:

"I the Lord do not change.  So you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.  Ever since the time of your forefathers you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them.  Return to me, and I will return to you."  says the Lord Almighty.
"But you ask, 'How are we to return?'
"Will a man rob from God?  Yet you rob me.
"But you ask, 'How do we rob you?'
"In tithes and offerings.  You are under a curse--the whole nation of you--because you are robbing me.  Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house.  Test me in this", says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.    Malachi 3: 6-10 (NIV)

If you do steal, surely you would not want to steal from God, Himself! 

You see, God does not look in favor on us when we make for ourselves another god....even in the form of government.  God will care for those who cannot care for themselves when we tithe as we are instructed to do.  He does not feed the lazy.

Let us all return to our first love, The Lord, and revere Him and receive His blessings.  Have you accepted God's love through Jesus Christ?  Please visit the "Pathway to Salvation" page and accept Jesus today, while there is still time.

If this post is a blessing to you, please feel free to share it on your favorite social media.  Thank you.


You are also invited to visit with Oma at http://omaspolitics.blogspot.com and http://omaslife.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment