Translate

Thursday, June 14, 2012

STEALING FROM YOUR PARENT

STEALING FROM YOUR PARENT
   I was in the kitchen the other day with one of the Grand babies.  There were some coins laying on the counter and she proceeded to count the coins.  She added them together and proudly announced how much money was there.  I was busy in the kitchen, so I didn't think any more about her, or the coins.
   A day or two later, I noticed the coins were gone.  Now, understand the coins were not going to make or break my vast wealth (tongue in cheek).  The total sum of the coins was just over a dollar.  Like I say, I was busy and wasn't really paying close attention to the amount.  I showed my pride to the child that she could add them together.  That was impressive.
   In this house, if the child had asked if she could have the coins, chances are high that I would have said, "yes" without a second thought.  In fact, I would have probably told her that there were more coins in my truck and she could go get them and share with her siblings.  So, if she had asked instead of stealing, she would have probably received more.
   Now, here's what I get from the incident:  My Heavenly Father gives me the ability to make money.  His money is laying around on the counter.  He doesn't need that money but He has told me to tithe, to give His money back to Him.  If I take the money off of the counter and put it in my pocket (if I refuse to tithe) then, I am stealing from Him.  If I give it to Him and ask if I can have it back, would I end up with more than if I stole the original amount?  He said to try Him in this and I will receive back more than I can handle.  My God doesn't lie.
   Let me put this disclaimer in here:  I don't know what happened to those coins, because I didn't see anyone take them.  I just know they were gone.

What are your thoughts?

Oma can also be found at http://omaspolitics.blogspot.com/, http://omaslife.blogspot.com/, http://omashealth.blogspot.com/, and http://tbcspeaks.blogspot.com/.  Just click the name of the site you want to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment