Translate

Saturday, November 12, 2011

JOB ADDRESSES GOD JOB 7 (NIV)

JOB 7
JOB ADDRESSES GOD


   1) Does not man have hard service on earth?  Are not his days like those of a hired man?  2) Like a slave longing for the evening shadows, or a hired man waiting eagerly for his wages, 3) so I have been allotted months of futility, and nights of misery have been assigned to me.  4) When I lie down I think, "How long before I get up?  The night drags on, and I toss till dawn.  5) My body is clothed with worms and scabs, my skin is broken and festering.

   6) My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, and they come to an end without hope.  7) Remember, O God, that my life is but a breath;  my eyes will never see happiness again.  8) The eye that now sees me will see me no longer;  you will look for me, but I will be no more.  9) As a cloud vanishes and is gone, so he who goes down to the grave does not return.  10) He will never come to his house again; his place will know him no more.

   11) Therefore I will not keep silent;  I will speak out in the anguish of my spirit, I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.  12) Am I the sea, or the monster of the deep, that You put me under guard?  13) When I think my bed will comfort me and my couch will ease my complaint, 14) even then You frighten me with dreams and terrify me with visions, 15) so that I prefer strangling and death, rather than this body of mine.  I despise my life; I would not live forever.  16) Let me alone;  my days have no meaning. 

   17) What is man that You make so much of him, that You give him so much attention, 18) that You examine him every morning and test him every moment?  19) Will You never look away from me, or let me alone even for an instant?  20) If I have sinned, what have I done to You, O Watcher of men?  Why have You made me Your target?  Have I become a burden to You?  21) Why do You not pardon my offenses and forgive my sins?  For I will soon lie down in the dust; You will search for me, but I will be no more."  Job 7  (NIV)

LIFE APPLICATION STUDY BIBLE COMMENTARY   NIV

  Job felt deep anguish and bitterness, and he spoke honestly to God about his feelings to let out his frustrations.  If we express our feelings to God, we can deal with them without exploding in harsh words and actions, possibly hurting ourselves and others.  The next time strong emotions threaten to overwhelm you, express them openly to God in prayer.  This will help you gain an eternal perspective on the situation and give you greater ability to deal with it constructively. 
   Job stopped talking to Eliphaz and spoke directly to God.  Although Job had lived a blameless life, he was beginning to doubt the value of living in such a way.  By doing this, he was coming dangerously close to suggesting that God didn't care about him and was not being fair.  Later God reproved Job for this attitude.  Satan always exploits these thoughts to get us to forsake God.  Our suffering, like Job's, may not be the result of our sin, but we must be careful not to sin as a result of our suffering.
   Job referred to God as a watcher or observer of humanity.  He was expressing his feeling that God seemed like an enemy to him--someone who mercilessly watched him squirm in his misery.  We know that God does watch over everything that happens to us.  We must never forget that He sees us with compassion, not merely with critical scrutiny.  His eyes are eyes of love.

MY THOUGHTS

   As I read this chapter, I feel the pain in Job's soul.  I have felt the same pain and anguish.  I have felt abandoned by God.  That was just my feelings, not the fact.  I could not see God's face.  I thought He had turned His face from me.  I cried day after day for Him to let me see His face.  My pain and sorrow was so great, that my sight was clouded.  God never left me.  He knew years before that I would be in the situation I had found myself in and He had a life-line for me.  On the other side, I gave Him the praise and glory.  But, while I was swimming in grief, all I could do was cry to Him when I came up for air.  My faith is stronger today. 
   I have been able to offer others peace and comfort as they go through tough times.  In my nursing career, I have held many hands and spoke the Truth of God's love.  I just pray that something I was able to do helped further God's Kingdom.
  What do you do?  Reading God's Word will give you the foundation of strength and wisdom.  I praise God that we are able to read His Word together.


   You are encouraged to leave a comment with your thoughts and to share this post on your favorite social media if we are a blessing to you.  Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment