Translate

Monday, July 25, 2011

NORWAY SHOOTER'S DAD

SHOOTER'S DAD
By now, most of us have heard about the bombing and shooting in Norway.  I haven't taken the time to get the young man's name down.  What struck me, though, was that his dad, through an interpreter, made the statement that he wished the son would have killed himself.  I know what he did was horrific.  I am not talking to that tonight, but what I am addressing is that his own dad would have said such a thing.
FORMER BOSS
I revisit my past, when I was working in the oil fields in Texas.  It was late 1970's or early 1980's.  One of my boss's sons died in another state.  My boss refused to attend the funeral.  His words dripped in disgust when he spoke of his son.  The son died of AIDS.  I carry that with me to this day that the child's own dad disowned him.  "Bone of my bones, flesh of my flesh."
MY FATHER
I am so joyful that My Father has forgiven me for my sins and my transgressions.  How badly I have wounded Him and yet He does not leave me nor forsake me.
MY SON
For the most part, I raised my children without their dad.  My model was to talk to them and live my life as an example of how they were to conduct themselves.  One thing that I told all my children was that I may not always approve of their actions, but I will always love them.  I told them that no matter what they did, they would still be my children and I would still be their mother.  I also used to tell them when they left the house to remember who they were and that what ever they did would reflect back on all of us.  I love my children, each one.  I praise God for His kindness and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment